November 10, 2009

The most memorable incident in my life

By Saniya Malhotra, (VI),

St. Joseph's Academy

Just two three months ago I had filled a form for ‘Horlicks wiz kids’ and later got a call from them and they asked me some aptitude questions. From all over Uttarakhand only two kids had to be selected and I was one of them! I had qualified the state level and now was going for the zonal finals to Chandigarh. There were about 2500 students participating in different events and then a few of them were selected for the final round. In this round two of us from Uttarakhand were also present. After a few rounds the winners were announced and I was pleasantly surprised to here my name as one of them. Now I am to represent the entire north zone along with another girl from Chandigarh in the ‘South Asian finals to be held in Bangalore from the 10th to 15th November. The organizers in this competition told us that if we are good then we must give something to our society to make our nation a better place. Thus to share joy and happiness with the under privileged children we had to do a project on child rights. I am working on the right to recreation and expression and have named my project RANGEEN KHWAB. Actually I am finding doing this project more like fun than work. For this project I have been visiting many places where the children who are not so privileged study or live. I made them colour, dance, and showed them magic tricks to entertain them. Even doing this made me feel that I am a very lucky girl and have the best things ever. I live in a clean environment, have clean food. I have learned to be happy with all the things I have and will remember this experience all my life. Warm Regards,Saniya Malhotra.

No comments: