November 9, 2009

Dakaar Maro Ray!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The party goes "BURP"

By Vikramaditya Bhatnagar, (VII), St. Joseph’s Academy
Happy moments, sad moments, and memorable events come by, and the years move on. You may record them in your camera, and you may write about them. You can also just remember them and talk about them to your family and friends. But there surely is one event that you really dread talking about. Is it the confusion moment? Bummer! How about the fearful moment? Nah! I will tell you: it’s your most embarrassing moment (you’re still scared people may laugh their heads off at you).I have had so many embarrassing situations that I can’t count them. You see, I like to make others laugh. Being a comedian is becoming more and more my personality. But often, in the process of making others laugh, I keep lagging behind.This incident, that I now recall, occurred when I was in Class 3. At that time, I was 8 years old. I was in the Ann Mary School. I had gone over to a friend’s birthday party. His name was Anurag.I knew that he was going to order food from MacDonald’s and somehow I could never develop the taste there and I hated it. So I ate to my heart’s content before departing for his house, besides my mother’s warning.The food was not digested when we were ready to go. I had uncomfortable Rick in the car, was green in the face when I arrived at his house. I tried to look as normal as possible .I gave him the gift, and in my haste to wish him pleasantly, I said “Happy BURP! Day,Anurag!”I had burped right in his face. After apologizing, I and my friends played games and lot of fun.Although full in stomach, I tasted something at dinner at his house to hide my embrassement.humm!! The food wasn’t that bad.You see my horoscope would have regarded this as a wonderful day, then why did I dump my own hopes? Even when I think about this incident today go red with humiliation.

No comments: