October 6, 2009

Child Labour

By Meghna & Sheetal, (VII)
Himjyoti School

What is the life of a child labourer?
Working all day,
Having no time to play.
Happily work for others
But for them no one bothers.
Feel with me : a child labourer
Thinks of going abroad to study
But he has no money;
Wants to wear fine clothes
But in mind circumstances always floats.
Have no friends, no joy
To mend his broken toy.
Wishes always to be like you
But have become dear for few.

Restrictions are always there for me
Which I feel the hardship key.
There is no sheet of fog before me
Which is unclear and unseen.
Schools are totally shut
Open is only the way to work
This fills me with grief
And gives me no relief.
Give me respectability,
Give me open heartedness,
Give me thy humility,
Give me the ability
And the willingness
To identify me
Among the many masses.

No comments: