September 27, 2009

One Night



By Sagar, XII,
Doon Cambridge School


One night as I was lying, remembering my past,
A face flashed past me, giving me a start;
The face of that angel, the angel of my eyes,
The red rose which in my diary still lies.
It still speaks of her, its fragrance still not lost,
In her thoughts, though my thoughts now have exhaust!
The glow in her eyes, the magic in her smile,
The promise of her love which she promised for whole life.
It couldn’t stand enough, didn’t last for long,
Now I guess is it she, for whom my love did belong?
For whom I fought with all my relations,
Is she now the cause of my broken situation??
Still rings in my ears that beautiful voice,
Which use to drive me crazy without any choice.
Those endless talks, those lovely messages,
Those nightlong chats, those beautiful places;
Those late goodnights, those long special rides,
Those cute loving cards, those beautiful flowers.
All are engraved with letters of gold in my heart,
But what about she? What’s she doing on her part?
Holding another hand, she cares now the least,
All the time spent, she doesn’t wanna retrieve.
Happy with another heart, she feels now complete,
And I am here in the dark, walking alone on the streets;
And as I look at the bench, on which we used to sit,
Holding each other’s hand, dreaming of a new world,
Now even touch of it shudders my feet.
Scared is my heart, after losing that pearl,
Now she is gone and gone is that care;
But I still remember the time that we shared,
Her each and every word sounded so true.
But now they stay with me and make me so blue,
The love that we held, now stands so destroyed;
The dreams of my heart, all have turned so devoid,
My words don’t have a reason to speak their worth.
Neither can I hold her, nor I can hurt,
I remember it all, and she forgot it all;
In the flow of time, she threw it all,
In the flow of time, she threw it all.
In the middle of the night, I was left alone on an edge so steep,
And that lovely night, I slept without a sleep!

No comments: