September 27, 2009

My view of the problems faced by Doon…!!


By Rohan Kapoor,(VI-D)
St. Joseph’s Academy

Dehra Dun is a town facing a lot of societal problems. Just see the area of Dalanwala. Such nice houses and famous schools are there. But the roads there are in such a pathetic condition. I live at Rajpur Road near the diversion. It is the main highway leading to Mussoorie. It is such a crowded road. Even outside my house I see so many labour class people standing every morning. By and by as time passes a vegetable man and a peanut man come and put there thelas just outside our neighbour’s house.
My father tells me that when he used to be a young child, they were free to roam about on the streets.
But these days children are not allowed by their parents to even go in the colony parks as many incidents have taken place in recent days. There is so much traffic on the roads which moves in such a great speed. All over Doon, there are big dustbins and it is clearly written on them, "USE ME AND KEEP THE CITY CLEAN AND GREEN!" But I fail to understand why people throw garbage on the road.
We see so many cows relaxing in the middle of the road. They surely act as a divider or speed breakers. A few days back I saw a dog crossing the road and a car was coming. The lazy dog sat on the road and started licking a polythene thrown on the road. It was not the dog’s fault, but it was our fault. Someone else might have thrown that polythene on the road.
Doon is known for its greenery, but these days we find many trees being cut in the town. For instance, trees at the backside of St. Joseph’s Academy and near the NIVH Blind School are being cut. This is also causing a rise in the temperature. These were my views about the problems faced by the people of Dehra Dun!

No comments: