July 23, 2009

By Aishwarya Sharma Convent of Jesus & Mary

God will give me hope
I sat in the obscure darkness, stupefied at the way things were working out;
While searching for the reassuring light of stars, there was no word coming out of my mouth.
I was glum, I was forlorn, and I didn’t know what to do;
All my days seemed so terribly blue.
The mountains seemed impossible for me to cross;
I had achieved nothing but loss, loss, and loss!
In front of me, there was an expanse of desert, inexplicably wide;
In these days of melancholy and mayhem, I couldn’t find a guide.
The love I once received had turned into animosity;
I’ve started having doubt over my own virtuosity.
I want to be successful, and fly high;
Reaching the stars and touching the sky!
I want to cross mighty seas, and face tumultuous tempests;
Defying the odds and outshining the rest.I don’t just want all the glory for myself, I want others to achieve too;
Empowering everyone around me, giving them wisdom pure and true.
Just then, God held my hand, kissed my cheek, and said to me:
'Arise, awake! For your treasured and cherished dreams;
Remember, that path that you’ll follow to get what you want is not just cake and cream.
Nothing can be done now, to you sometimes it might seem;
People will not be nice to you, but they’ll be cruel and mean.
No matter what happens, keep all hope alive within you;
It will be then that you can turn happy, all the days that were blue.
Take my cup of hope, drink it, and fill yourself with it evermore;
Then you’ll be tough, resilient and determined, well, that’s for sure!Remember- make hope enter your heart and let it there make a nest,
The one who walks alone and lonely walks the farthest.
Let the whole world do what they do;
I know you’ll do something extraordinary; all my expectations are from you!
Go back to you planet, and do what is told;
‘Tis only then you can turn all your rusty days into treasured silver and gold.'
I was filled with positivism, and got ready to conquer the world;
I was more confident by God’s word, and now I couldn’t be unnerved.
Even if the whole world’s against me,
Even if I’m not free,
Even if I’m broke;
God loves me immensely, and He will give me HOPE!!!!

No comments: