November 4, 2009

The Red Sky

Cadet Rishav Raj, (VIII), RIMC
My school was the proud host of the Conservation Festival 2009 for the fifth time in succession. Sitting in Thimmayya Hall of my school, the Rashtriya Indian Military College and having listened to prominent speakers like Mr Fuad Lokhandwala and Miss Meeta Vashist, the inspirational muse, quite unobtrusively, prevailed over me and enthused my whole being with ‘The Red Sky’.
Thinking scientifically, I really fail to realize why the sky turns red. Physics-reflection-refraction has never been a cup of tea for me. But I do fantasize a lot and come out with some fantastic ideas.
Well, if God is really there and if heaven exists above in the sky, then my idea, I reckon, is too close to reality.
We humans have a genius brain-really a fancy box. But, we do lack, more often than not, a sensible heed to our conscience. And we go on to offend the Almighty’s laws. We go on, as well, to hurt the ‘mother’ Earth ruthlessly. Well, he is not grandpa that he will bear all, tolerate everything. And when he does get angry, he turns red. Well, it is the radiation, the same influence from the heavens above that turns the sky red.
And when he gets angry or we get harsh, the mother Earth is hurt. Her pain is reflected in the sky above.
So, the next time you find the sky red, just check that nothing is happening around you that may incense God or the God of gods.

No comments: