November 10, 2009

Memorable Incident

By Shikha Thapa, (IV),
John Martyn Memorial School
It was my birthday. After distributing sweets at school, I reached home eager to eat my favourite lunch. As I opened the door of my house there was loud cheering and clapping by all my relatives who had come over to wish me earlier as a surprise. On one side of the room they had arranged the gifts they had brought for me. I had never been given so many gifts before. There was a pretty pink dress, some lovely ear-rings, a hand knitted sweater and some toys. What I liked best was a crocodile – it was very long and quite big. It had a button on it. When I pressed the button, the crocodile started moving and opening its mouth. This remained my favourite toy for a long time. We had a delicious lunch. I will remember this day for a long time.

No comments: