November 9, 2009

The day I got my first Medal...!


By Rohan kapoor, (VI-D), St. Joseph’s Academy

Every year I participate in a Numerical Ability Merit Scholarship Test named 'TARUN SANGEET EVAM VICHAR MANCH'. Students from class 2 to 10 can take part in this numerical test. I was in class 2 when I took part for the first time in this test. At that time we had to do 30 sums in an hour, which at that time seemed very difficult but now whenever I think of that day I feel it was not so tough after all. I remember that year I received 100 %marks. A letter arrived at our house announcing that Rohan Kapoor has received 100% marks in the numerical ability test, and that we were invited with at the town hall on a particular date for the award distribution function. I went there dressed up in my school dress. They started from higher classes and I had to wait for a long time as I was very eager. Finally in the end my name was announced and I went up the stage. The chief guest put the Gold Medal around my neck and handed over a certificate. With the passage of time the time period has decreased and our level has increased. This year the test is on the 8th of November which is the coming Sunday. Now we have to solve 50 sums in duration of 50minutes. I am practicing hard for the competition this year and will give it my best. I hope I secure good marks this year too.

No comments: