October 12, 2009

The Person I Admire A.P.J.Abdul Kalam


By Rahul Das, (V)
John Martyn Memorial School

I like Abdul Kalam very much. He is also my role model. He was born in a fisherman’s family and who knew that one day he would become not only a nuclear scientist, but also the President of India.
In his childhood everyone in his class including his teacher hated him because he was a Muslim, but pushing all this aside he only thought of his aim. He wanted to become an air force pilot. He took training from many places. There was a vacancy for eight pilots and sadly Abdul Kalam was listed ninth, so he never became a pilot. But he did not lose hope and continued studying and working hard to eventually emerge as one of the leading scientists of our country and one of the best Presidents we’ve had. I too want to become an air force pilot and if I follow in Mr. Kalam’s footsteps I hope that I too will achieve my aim.

No comments: