September 27, 2009

Problem of Garbage in Dehradun

Sidharth Sharma,
(VII), SJA
Problem of garbage is already all over India. And now also in our Green Doon which is now not Green but Dirty Doon. I live at 33 Park Road and outside my house the sweepers clean the roads in the morning and till the end of the day, the road is again full of garbage. One day I saw that half of the road was covered with garbage and offensive smell all over the area. And after 17 hours, the garbage was removed at last. But still the odour was there for a day. My sister and I clicked many photos and sent them to newspapers and authorities but no actions were taken.
We should save the Green Doon from becoming Dirty Doon. So let’s prevent throwing garbage on the roads. We should throw garbage in dustbins. I had my birthday on the 17th of September so I yearn for a gift from all of you and that is: You people should stop throwing garbage on the streets. In return, you will get a prize of being a good citizen of India and of Dehradun.

No comments: