September 18, 2009

A Date With God- Excerpts

By Javed Khan Via NCR
I was trying my level best but my grades were taking a new low everytime. My relationships were also soaring with everyone, one after the other, at a rate of three persons per day! My physique was already like a bamboo used in marriage tents and in here too, my hunger took a backseat making my stomach have a go at meeting my back. Overall it was appearing as if I have been asked by God to absorb the glooms of everyone here in this world by adding them up into my profile of life. Days went by and got converted into weeks but I was still the same. I was living my life as if I was being forced to do so with no personal interest for the same. At the same time, there was no dearth of cursing God from my side. And why should there be? He was the one who was gifting me literally every brand of sorrows, all at a same time.
One night, before going to bed, I was as usual practicing my talent of cursing God in which, according to me, I had achieved great perfection and expertise. Once that 'ritual' was over, I surrendered myself to the God of slumber. Thereon started my date with God. A very well decorated table containing infinite cuisine was the first thing I noticed and the second being two unique chairs beside the table each at its opposite ends. And then I saw God standing in front me. As far as the question of how He was is concerned, then let me tell you there is no creature in this world who could have used his/her wits to describe what I witnessed and I am also one of His creature, so the same goes for me. Here are the excerpts of what we talked about and How my faith in Him and all His twists and tales that He inducts into our lives got reinstated and that too, with an even more solid belief.
God- Come here son and have a seat.
Me- Who are you?
God- You curse someone daily. I am that lucky one.
Me- So you are The God, eh?
God- Yes, I am.
Me- What you doing with me in here?
God- I am here to listen to your problems. You don't have much of time. So better start off as quickly as you can.
Me- Yes, I have got one simple question for you. Why are you freaking me out? You have taken everything from me in the last one month. Why me?
God- Did I? Well, come onto the point. Who do you think I have taken from you, everyone or just her?
Me- Why asking when you already know all?
God- Ellaborate all what you thought about her, why you fell for her and how am I involved in all this. Ellaborate all in short.
Me- Now what was that? How am I supposed to 'ellaborate' something in short?
God- Don't waste time checking my english. Utilize this opportunity.
Me- Ok. I used to talk to her over the internet as we were far apart. It went on for over four years. Later I found that she was the one for me. I used to feel good talking to her. And I was seriously in love with her. But one day, I proposed to her and she refused. From that very day, life was never the same. I drifted apart from everyone.
God- How you got to know she was the one for you? I suppose I didn't tell you that or did I?
Me- Don't joke with me. She used to show concern for me and she used to like me too. Whenever I was sad, she was virtually there to cheer me up because of distance constraint. What else do I take out from this?
God- Don't you show concern for your female friends? Does that mean they should fall for you or vice versa?
Me- What do you mean?
God- I mean, she was your friend. Thats why she was wary of you. Atleast thats what she thought while helping you out. And you were fool enough to take it for love. Now tell me son, is it my fault or her fault that you fell for her?
Me- But why did she refuse? I loved her so much. She did everything to make me hate her but I just couldn't. Doesn't that depict my genuineness for her?
God- It does but how can you force your love upon her? If you love her, just keep on doing it. Why is her nod so important for you? I don't expect my creatures to love me so that, in turn, I can love them. I love them just because they are mine. Take, for instance, your case. You didn't leave any foul word to curse me with but I still love you. In your terms, should I leave you on your own terms because you don't believe on me and don't care for me?
Me- You don't know what sort of words she used when I was up to persuade her decision. They are stuck on my mind and my heart. What to do with them?
God- She said something and it stuck to you. And you still maintain you love her? Is this the limit of your love? Dear son, love is in tolerance, love lies in making others happy, love lies in being genuine to oneself. Love is not about getting, its about giving. So now tell me, did you love her? You didn't hurt just her, you hurt your ownself, you hurt her faith that she had on you as a friend, you hurt the faith of all other friends of yours with whom you are not on talking terms from last month or so just because of your own frustration, you hurt me. Now if you have even a bit of sense left in you, then go back to your life and apologize for everything you have done this far in last one month i.e. to that girl and rebuild friendship with her, then to all of your friends and then, last but not the least, start loving yourself. Have a nice life ahead.
The next moment I felt something, it was a cap of pen that was lying beneath my back on my bed. I woke up from slumber, took time to realize what I witnessed and thereafter, life was never the same for me.
Happiness lies within oneself, we can't search it elsewhere. I realized this after this encounter.

No comments: