August 7, 2009

Cricket: the sport India loves

By Sidharth Sharma,(VII), SJA
You all know that India is the 4th team to play test cricket, but beating every one and reaching at no. 2 in ICC Test Rankings and 3rd in ODI is no child’s play. Players like Kapil Dev, Sunil Gavaskar, Sachin Tendulkar, Mohammed Azharuddin, etc. have led India to victories.
The Airtel Border Gavaskar Trophy with 2-0 against Australia, England with 5-0, 1-0 in test, Sri Lanka 4-1 with 1-0 in T20, New Zealand with 3-1, and 1-0 and 2-0 in T20, West Indies with 2-1 has led India to this success.
Well, I used to be a football goal keeper, until I got interested in cricket, and left football. Daily practices go on but I play only cricket because I have been selected in indexing, but I’m not selected in the team. But now I’m only interested in playing cricket. I’m a left handed batsman and a right arm fast bowler, which means I’m an all rounder! I have a craze for cricket so why not have a spunky bat! I have a ballistic model of Puma.
Once it was a match of India’s against England in November 2008, the 4th ODI was going on. I had got a bit of homework but I still saw the match when no one was at home for about 4 ½ hours. Finally it was time to sleep and I slept at 11:45 at night and got late for school in the morning and was sent home. And then I got a terrible scolding from mom. But I’m happy that India won the match.
Its really unfair for the Women’s Cricket team, despite playing well, winning matches; they are not given a match fee. The BCCI can waste money for IPL but not for the women’s team. They don’t need money, they will play for nothing. Is this fair enough??
If you really think what I’m saying is right then please lets come together to improve the Indian Cricket Team.
I forgot to tell you about Adam Gilchrist. He’s a role model for me. I like him a lot. Actually, I was initially a right handed batsman but seeing Gilchrist, I learnt to play like him. This is Indian Cricket and I love cricket! If you also like it then even you can write in!!

No comments: