August 7, 2009

Cartoons

By : Vikramaditya Bhatnagar, Class VII , St. Josephs’ Academy.
In our everyday life, at least one T.V. per home is switched on for entertaining children. They get lost, trapped in the actions on the screen. What is that they like so much? The answer is: Cartoons.
Yes, children love cartoons – animated characters for entertainment. Adults usually feel it’s a lot of rubbish because it is the T.V. [or more likely the I.B. - the ‘IDIOT BOX’] that usually displays cartoons. Okay, they may be dangerous sometimes, but they are quite useful in my opinion.
The common cartoon channels: are Pogo, Nickelodeon, Animax, Jetix, Hungama, Disney Channel, Boomerang, and Cartoon Network. Animated shows, pictures, advertisements, etc. are shown in them. Although I like all of them, I have a grudge against 2 channels: Animax and Disney Channel. Animax is animated, and may look like a common cartoon channel, but it actually is very violent. It is almost as bad as the online violent games like ‘Godfather’.
Secondly, Disney channel is a good comedy, action-packed show, but now- a-days, most of the shows on Disney Channel are NOT ANIMATED. It takes the spirit out of the cartoons. Okay, I am not saying that Hungama and Pogo show too much animation either, but they overdo it on Disney Channel.
A very confusing show to give your opinion about is Shin Chan on Hungama. He may tell his mom that she is a Humungous Bighead, he may boss his dad all over the house, but according to me, it is the funniest animated show that I’ve ever seen. And here, my friends, my article ends .I say goodbye to you all with a note for any parent who reads the article: ‘Never, never forbid your child to watch cartoons on Sunday, because Sunday, remember, is Cinema day for all cartoon channels!’

No comments: