August 21, 2009

50TH ISSUE OF SUCCESS

By: Vikramaditya Bhatnagar
Class 7, St. Joseph’s Academy
Hi! I’m studying in Class7th in St. Joseph’s Academy. I have one main hobby: books.
May it be reading or writing, I love books. I got my first set of encyclopedias when I was in the first standard. I started my first novel as ‘Secret Seven - Book 1’. Then I started the ‘Famous Five’, ‘The Five Find - Outers and Dog’, and as I grew up, I read comics such as ‘Archie’s’ and ‘Tintin’, and when I entered Class Six, I was introduced to the world of Harry Potter.
I started the first part (The Philosopher’s Stone) and as I moved from book to book, my love for Harry Potter grew. Now, I have completed all the parts and am a great big fan of Mrs. Rowling.
Just about a year ago, I started writing for my friends, to spread the art of reading, an art that is dying out. It was a monthly issue of a superhero that I had created on my own - Werewolf. Once, when he got bitten by a wolf, he got unnatural powers. He could morph into a wolf whenever he wished and got powers such as ultrasonic howl, razor claws, etc. Since I wrote on interleaf pages, I also made illustration to make it look livelier. My friends enjoyed the issues but I unfortunately could not continue with the idea because my classmates were given starring roles of all the characters and a boy playing a minor role wanted the main role. This led to an argument and I could no longer show the stories to my friends, but I kept writing for a long period of time at home. Even today I have first few issues. .My friends - quite a lot of them- have forgotten the argument, and they keep reading my Werewolf magazines .Even today, I write for them. Now I am interested to get this serial printed in some news paper, so that other children can read it too. I have made several illustrations of the different characters to make it more attractive. Maybe I will send it to Gharwal Post for the kids section.
In the summer holidays, I started writing for the Kids’ section –‘We the Kids’- in the newspaper, The Garhwal Post. I started stories at first, and later, I wrote my first article – an article on music. I and my sister also sent a few drawings. It is a good encouragement for children like me. I find it easier to express myself by putting my views across on a newspaper. And in the future, I plan to write on the social issues that bother me to make children aware of what’s going on in the world. I would also like to write about our environment (deforestation, global warming, etc.), animals, plants, Indian culture, and above all, the books I like to read.

No comments: