July 23, 2009

“THIS WORLD RESTS ON THE ARMS OF HEROES LIKE A SON ON THOSE OF HIS SIRE”

Being an army officer’s child…
Elmore Daris once very correctly said "this nation will remain the land of the free only so long as it is the home of brave. Patriotism, heroism, discipline, honor, courage are the words that best describe our India army. Known for their valor and strength, the brave hearts of the army men have attracted me since childhood. Their striking personality has always impressed me. The fine – looking youths after joining the army inherit a glorious heritage E.g. time – honored tradition. Now, I would start sharing my experience of viewing the army life. My father COL. V.BUBBER has been serving the Indian army for the past 28 years. That’s indeed a long time. When I was born on 9th March 1994, my father was posted in Jenga valley (I’m sure you haven’t heard the name of this before. It is situated in Arunachal Pradesh. A place in extreme east where the population is very less. There are no shops, no cinemas, just nothing at all. But for army men, they can find their way and survive almost on anything in this world. One thing I still feel bad about is that my first birthday was not celebrated; the reason was that now my father was posted to Ambala. For my mother it is a headache to pack everything and more from one place to another. Sometimes I feel sad, now we have become used to getting transferred. My elder sister who is now happily married and is now finally settled at one place changed 8 schools. Till she finally passed out. I started my schooling in Ambala. Though we feel sad to leave one place, schools, friends, surroundings but all this has its own charm. Its really very difficult to move from one place to a completely new place and adjust there. At least for me, as a student it is very difficult to leave my school, friends, and teachers, Discipline, manners, sophistication, moral values run through my veins. From Ambala, my father was posted to Sagar Cantt in Madhya Pradesh. Again a new school, new place, new friends and we had to adjust ourselves any how. By the time we started liking the place and became close to people, it was time to move again. Our next stop was at Delhi, my favorite. We where there for 5 long years. I love Delhi for everything. I started my teens in Delhi. And had lots of fun. I was completely depressed to leave Delhi and my friends were also very sad. But we had to leave Delhi. My sister finished her schooling, completed her college, and started her job when we were in Delhi. The worst part was that we had to leave such a lively place and my sister had to continue her job. From Delhi we landed up in Dehradun. Now, my father is posted at the Military Dental Centre, Indian Military Academy. The day I reached Dehradun I cried like anything. Initially I did not like this place at all because it was completely different from Delhi. But, now I like this place, the school "SCHOLARS HOME", the friends I made, the experiences that I had, the teachers and the most dignified lady I met- our principal- Mrs. Chhaya Khanna. My father is a dentist, you may say he is two in one. But for me is all in one. Army life is the best, there’s nothing better than army life. My parents have completed 25 years of their marriage this year, but they have stayed away from each other for 8-10 years. Only because my father was somewhere, serving the nation while risking his life.
Benjamin Frankalin described the spirit on the Indian Army "where liberty dwells, there is my country." My first love is Army. I will never forget the days when, while crossing with my papa in the car, used to watch the Army men exercising and doing the perfect parades. There sights never failed to fascinate me. My love has still not faded; in fact it has grown over the years. God knows where our next and final stop is. We would just hope for the best. In the end, I would like to conclude with these lines – "be an army man, be a winner for life" these words have a special meaning and inspiration in them for me. Only a person imbedded with passion, discipline and confidence can achieve his strength and dignity and earn the respect and admiration of his colleagues "THIS WORLD RESTS ON THE ARMS OF HEROES LIKE A SON ON THOSE OF HIS SIRE"
I am very proud of the Indian Army and to be the daughter of an army officer. It’s the best experience of my life.

No comments: