July 30, 2009

Enjoyable week ends….!

By Rohan Kapoor, (VI-D)
St. Joseph's Academy
On Sunday everyone needs an outing after the long and tiring week. Everyone has fun on Sunday. I too always finish all my homework and other things on Saturday, so that I can have a nice time on Sunday. I sometimes also sometimes call my friends; we all play a lot and have fun. Recently I celebrated my Birth Day party on the17th of July. I enjoyed those three hours very much. I also enjoy going for picnics. My most favourite picnic spots in Dehra Dun are- Maldevta: (also known as Red Camp Stone) is situated near Ring Road. Although it is quiet far but is a nice adventurous spot. When I and my Family went there, unfortunately we went the wrong way. When we asked a horseman about the spot? We got a reply, "That sahib ji you are on the wrong way". He introduced himself that he was a worker in the camp. He told us a shortcut, but it was not approachable It was actually a dry river, which many years ago supplied water to the camp. So we had to walk for atleast 1.5 K.M. So a tip I am giving to you is that you should always be alert because it is a very small lane which we had missed out. We found that the camp is a nice spot. There is a big pond in which we could swim. There is nice sport out there named ‘Zorbing’. I know that it sounds strange but when you will read this you will know about it. In this sport, two people are send into ball which is then covered with another bigger ball. And then you are rolled round and round.
Robber’s Cave: {also known as Guchu Panni} is situated near Johri Gaon. It is a narrow cave where water is flowing beneath us. The level of water is a little bellow from are knees. I went there last Sunday. Although it was crowded there but we enjoyed there. There is nothing much out there but can be a nice picnic spot there.

No comments: